Discover How You Can Make Screen Print Quality T-shirts From Your Kitchen Table in as Little as 10 Seconds…
I have lots of FREE training videos below to educate you on this entire process. Please watch these videos in the order presented below to get the maximum benefit. 99% of all your questions are covered in these videos…
The first video will show you the full range capabilities of this heat press machine — it is a beast. I also show you the various types of stuff you can print on with this machine as well…
Training #1 of 3
3 Amazing Ways to Make Money with T-shirts
I got PROOF!!! In this video, I actually prove that people will buy the t-shirts you create. You really can build a full blown business around the t-shirt ideas you come up with…
Training #2 of 3
My #1 Secret Revealed to Making a Fortune Selling T-shirts Worldwide
What do you do after your t-shirts are made…How do you make money? Well, in this video, I reveal several strategies you can implement to get your t-shirts sold to people all over the world…
Training #3 of 3
What is a Heat Press?
A heat press is a machine that operates pretty much like an iron. A typical heat press machine can heat up to as much as 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and it’s purpose is to apply heat and pressure onto a special type of release paper that has artwork on it.
With the combination of heat and pressure, the design is transferred from the release paper and onto various types of printable items like t-shirts, canvas tote backs, hoodies, sweatshirts, etc…
What are the Various Types of Heat Press Machines
There are all types of heat press machines available and each one serves a different function. In the descriptions and links below, you’ll see how these machines can benefit you when trying to decide which heat press is best suited for your needs.
- Clamshell Heat Press Machines — They call these ‘clam-shells’ because they open up in a manner that a clam shell does. There is a manual clam heat press and there is an automatic open clam press as well. The manual press operates like the one shown in the video above where you have to manually open and close the press. The automatic open heat press opens up automatically based on the timer you set. These machines have a hinge between the upper platen (the heating element) and the lower platen (the part where the garment lays). As seen in the video above, there is a handle that allows you to manually open and lock down the upper platen onto the lower one to provide the necessary pressure to transfer the designs onto your garments.
- Swinger and Draw Heat Press — On these type of heat press machines the upper platen (the heating element) swings away from the lower platen (the part where the garment lays). Since the heating element swings away, you’re free to move and manipulate your garments on the lower platen without fear of getting burned.Concerning a ‘draw heat press’, you have a lower platen that pulls out towards you. Laying out your garments can be done without the user reaching under the upper heated platen. This type of heat press machine involves a moveable work surface, requiring greater care to be taken to avoid designs shifting out of place before application.
- Low Rider Heat Press — This beauty of a machine is awesome… It’s small and compact and it’s great for labels on back of shirts. If you’re into printing on baby sized clothes or rompers, this machine is for you. Comes with 3 interchangeable custom platens.
- Cap Press — You’ll use this machine if you’re wanting to transfer designs onto caps of different sizes. This machine is made differently from the other types of heat press transfer equipment.
If you’re loving this article series, share it on Twitter by clicking here
Everything You Need to Know About Buying a New or Used T Shirt Heat Press
Should I buy a new t-shirt press??? Or should I purchase a used heat press? And that’s what we’re going to discuss on this page. If you’re just getting started in the business and you’re strapped for cash, then obviously, I’d suggest you buy used.
“But where can I find new or used heat press machines for sale?”
I’m glad you asked… I’ve posted a few detailed videos below outlining where you can find great deals.
*Disclosure: I am an authorized distributor for Hotronix. I believe they have the best machines on the planet. Their machines are made in America and the quality and craftsmanship is absolutely amazing. By far, their machines are the best and after you see them, I’m sure you’ll agree!
Okay… Let’s get started:
- New Heat Press Machines: The ones sold on Amazon.com and eBay are usually the cheap knock-offs made in China. The quality aren’t the greatest, but if you’re strapped and simply need to start, then get one.
MY HEAT PRESS RECOMMENDATIONS
If you have a decent sized budget, I’d recommend you starting off with a 16×20 heat press machine. I’m currently using the Hotronix Fusion machine and this machine is awesome. We are authorized distributors for Hotronix and I’m not suggesting you buy it because we make money from it. It’s hands down the best machine on the market with a very STRONG guarantee. It’s an American made product and the quality is absolutely amazing. No other machine compares to the Hotronix brand.
My Hotronix Heat Press Machine Recommendations